Skip to main content

After Movie Talk

So I recently watched this movie and with this month's post only being book related I can see why a movie review in the middle of all this is going to be a little confusing. Part of the reason I'm review this is because it is based off a book. haha see I worked in the book aspect. This was a great movie. And since I have never read the book this is an unbiased opinion of this movie.

I have seen reviews for the movie now that I have seen the movie not once but twice. I do get that this movie is probably leaving out a great amount of detail when it comes to the book but what movie that's based off a book doesn't hold every detail or word written. Does it suck that this is the case? It does but what can you do. Books would be amazing as a tv series depending on the book but if it requires a movie then that's the route to go.

I did plenty of background on all of the actors and actresses in this movie and they are all new faces. Some of them have been in the limelight before but for the most part all new with only a few items under each of their belts in credits. I enjoy when a movie finds new faces. Some of our current actors and actresses would not have really fit the bill for the characters. No I know nothing about the characters written in the book but seeing characters brought to the screen I think these were perfect choices.

The story is a basic trope starting with a love triangle. The story seems to move pretty fast the run time for this movie is only 113 minutes. As I stated this story does move fairly quickly and in some instances when I watched I was a bit confused as to where we were in the story but then caught up pretty quickly. It was a matter of I looked down for a second away from the television.

This movie was wonderfully told and I'm really looking forward to the sequel. The sequel does not have a release date yet. However, I have discovered in a bit of research that the movie has already been filmed and is in post-production. I for one hope to get my hands on the book and read it soon and be able to give a comparison of the movie and the book by the end of next year. We are so close to the end of the year I don't want to put that on my plate at the moment. However, I really hope that if you haven't watched the film you watch it but remember if you've read the book forget everything you know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A-Z Author Year End

   I will be doing this as a mixture of first and last names because some letters are harder than others. A - Alan Gratz - Refugee B -  Blanka Lipinska - 365 Days C -  C. C. Monroe - To Have and To Hold D -  E -  F -  G -  Gratz, Alan - Prisoner B-3087 H -  Harrison, Ava - Ruthless Monarch I - Isaly, Dana - Games We Play J - Jordan Marie - Jingle My Balls K -  Kaufman, Amie - Aurora Rising L - Law, S. E. - My FiancĂ©e's Dad M -  Sarah J. Maas - A Court of Thorns and Roses  N -  Negi Haruba - Quintessential Quintuplets O -  P -  Peckham, Caroline - Zodiac Academy: The Awakening Q -  R -  Ruby Dixion - Ice Planet Barbarians S -  Shouoto, Aya - Demon Prince of Momochi House T -  T. L. Smith - Black U - Ts u nemi, Aosa - Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor V -  Valenti, Susanne - Zodiac Academy: Ruthless Fae W -  Waco Ioka - Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits X -  A...

All About Illuminae - Book Review

Star Rating: 5 out of 5 stars Synopsis: This morning, Kady thought breaking up with Ezra was the hardest thing she’d have to do. This afternoon, her planet was invaded. The year is 2575, and two rival mega corporations are at war over a planet that’s little more than an ice-covered speck at the edge of the universe. Too bad nobody thought to warn the people living on it. With enemy fire raining down on them, Kady and Ezra—who are barely even talking to each other—are forced to fight their way onto an evacuating fleet, with an enemy warship in hot pursuit. But their problems are just getting started. A deadly plague has broken out and is mutating, with terrifying results; the fleet's AI, which should be protecting them, may actually be their enemy; and nobody in charge will say what’s really going on. As Kady hacks into a tangled web of data to find the truth, it's clear only one person can help her bring it all to light: the ex-boyfriend she swore she'd never speak...

Ruthless Monarch

Ruthless Monarch: A Billionaire Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by Ava Harrison Kindle Unlimited Page: ... Published: April 4, 2021 Rating: 3 out of 5 stars Synopsis: From USA Today bestselling author Ava Harrison comes a gritty, twisted standalone romance. Matteo Amante. Dangerous. Deadly. And most of all, devastating. He’s the king of the city. Running the mafia and ruling the East Coast. He’s at war with his cousin, and I am the casualty. There is nothing Matteo won’t do to win. He’ll burn everything down to the ground, my hopes and dreams included. He’s no hero. He’s the handsome devil who will probably kill me in the end. Falling in love with the enemy can destroy me, especially when he is my husband . . .  My Opinion: This is a dark romance that involves the mafia. I would say that there are probably triggering themes. This book had my attention because this was around the time that I was heavily into watching 365 Days and that had me drawn into the mafia theme. This book was one t...